Promoting Full Inclusion in Preschool Classrooms

A resource for teachers and parents to support students with special needs in inclusive environments.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Shower curtains and STOP signs!

Shower curtains are used in my classroom to prevent students from accessing the items on the shelf. For these shower curtains, I simply bought a white liner and Command hooks to hang them.


The STOP signs provide a visual support for students to remind them that they are not supposed to be looking behind these. I have the most trouble keeping hands from going behind my shower curtain by the carpet during circle time. For some students, it is too tempting to sit by it. To solve the problem, I simply move them so they are not sitting next to shelf.


But for the most part...it does the trick!

These shower curtains were hung with a mini rod found at Walmart. The hook shower curtain has a tendency to fall off. I would not recommend using them.
Behind these curtains, I keep our books!

No comments:

Post a Comment